Our mission is to add beauty to our homes and community through developing local gardens with a thoughtful choice of plants. We will inspire others to help protect and maintain the natural bounty surrounding us. We continue to add to and share our knowledge through club presentations and our local community activities.
A Bit of History
The Desert Pointe Garden Club (DPGC) was organized by a small group of Ahwatukee residents in 1995. We are a member of the Central District of the Arizona Federation of Garden Clubs (AFGC), the Pacific Region of NGC, and the National Garden Clubs, Inc. As a 501c3 charitable organization, we are dedicated to friendship and community service. All proceeds from fundraising events are used for charitable purposes.
- Ahwatukee Recreation Center (ARC) Garden Maintenance
- Development and Maintenance of the Blue Star Memorial
at 48th Street and Warner Road
- New Program-Seeds of Literacy Reading and Planting
Program for Preschool - K Students
- Annual Poetry Contest for Local Ahwatukee Elementary and
Middle School Students
- Annual Essay Contest for Local Ahwatukee High School Students
- Treasures 4 Teachers
- Garden Renewal for Homes Serving Adults with Disabilities